Steps We Are Taking To Protect You
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot since 2020! Many things have changed, but one thing has remained constant: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. You may have seen this during your previous visits to our office. When you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Iowa Dental Board (IDB). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to these agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- At this time, we are no longer requiring patients to wear masks into our office. If you are more comfortable wearing one, we would encourage you to do so.
- We have hand sanitizer throughout the office, including when you enter our building and the reception area.
- Our waiting room will look a little different. We no longer offer magazines or coffee. Children’s toys will be absent as well, as they are difficult to disinfect and keep clean.
- If you would rather wait in your car after checking in, (verses our waiting room), this is perfectly acceptable. Please call us at 319-362-7334 when you arrive and we will check you in. When your provider is ready for you, we’ll give your cellphone a call.
- Because of all the protective equipment our staff is required to wear, you may find our office temperature to be cooler than we’ve had it in the past. Feel free to bring a sweater or jacket to stay comfortable during your appointment.
As always, we look forward to seeing you at each appointment. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 319-362-7334 or schedule and appointment online HERE. Thanks for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming our patients, neighbors and friends.
Cedar Rapids Smile Center