Steps We Are Taking To Protect You
Welcome! Our doors are open for routine dental care!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last year and all of us are excited to resume our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. You may have seen this during your previous visits to our office. When you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Iowa Dental Board (IDB). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to these agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- All patients entering our office are REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS! Please bring your mask with you to your appointment. If you forget a mask or do not have one, we will provide you with a mask to wear while in our office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will look very different. We no longer offer magazines or coffee. Children’s toys will be absent as well, as they are difficult to disinfect and keep clean.
- If you would rather wait in your car after checking in, (verses our waiting room), this is perfectly acceptable. Just make sure we have your cell phone number. We will call you when we are ready for you.
- Please allow for plenty of social distancing if you find yourself in a line for check-in and check-out.
- Because of all the PPE our staff is required to wear, we need to keep the office temperature cooler than we have in the past. Feel free to bring a sweater or jacket to stay comfortable during your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again, and are always happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 319-362-7334 or schedule and appointment online. Thanks for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Dennis L. Yossi, DDS
Dr. Kristyn M. Watson, DDS
Dr. Daniel J. Henrich, DDS